Shopping Life >> Fishing For a Deal?

Pages: 1
selfishwench
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Sun Oct 13
Loc: Yet ANOTHER Hoosier!
Can someone school me on Justice for girls?
      #4038306 - Sun Apr 29 2012 07:44 PM

Okay, I've heard people say that they can get good deals at Justice. I've been there a few times, and I just can't figure out how they do it. Everything is overpriced! And, they currently have their store 40% everything - and I checked the clearance racks for "red lines" and none of it was even marked down!

How do people get good deals??

Thanks!
Aimee

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator    
LoriB
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Wed Oct 12
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: selfishwench]
      #4038325 - Sun Apr 29 2012 08:31 PM

I've gotten good deals a few times. Like when they had the clearance racks an additional % off then using a 40% coupon. There's been a few times I've gone in there and walked out with quite a bit of clothes. I don't go in there that often though, too expensive.

befourmom
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Fri Oct 28
Loc: Out of my mind
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: LoriB]
      #4038372 - Sun Apr 29 2012 10:51 PM

You have to sign up for their mailing list. 95% of the time they have a coupon out for 40% off entire purchase. Like pp said, if you combine the coupon with their clearance, you can do okay...... but, it is hit or miss and you have to time it right.

--------------------
~~~Tricia~~~
Mom of 4 Fantastic Kids!!
"A clean house is a sign of a broken computer"

selfishwench
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Sun Oct 13
Loc: Yet ANOTHER Hoosier!
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: befourmom]
      #4038426 - Mon Apr 30 2012 08:15 AM

Okay - so this weekend when I went in, they were doing the full store clearance. I had a 40% off coupon, but I wasn't allowed to use it during a "full store" event. So when do you get to "combine" discounts? Ever? How do you know when they have a discount off clearance? Or do they just do markdowns and you have to be lucky to be there when they do it? My head is spinning. LOL!

Thanks!
Aimee

befourmom
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Fri Oct 28
Loc: Out of my mind
      #4038465 - Mon Apr 30 2012 10:03 AM

A couple times a year they have a full store 40% off. You can not use any coupons with it. The rest of the time there is usually a coupon and that can be combined with any additional % off of clearance. You just have to watch their clearance, and yes, it is just lucky finds. Their isn't a lot of predictable patterns to it. Sometimes you do well when they have an additional percent off of clearance, sometimes they just have them marked low. It is so hit or miss that I just stop in and buy things when I see them cheap because I won't find them when I need them.

Also, most of the time if you tell them at the register that you forgot your coupon, they will go ahead and give you the 40% off. I constantly forget to bring mine.

--------------------
~~~Tricia~~~
Mom of 4 Fantastic Kids!!
"A clean house is a sign of a broken computer"

sarahdsmom
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Sat Jul 09
Loc: AZ
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: befourmom]
      #4038474 - Mon Apr 30 2012 10:14 AM

If there is 40% off the entire store or you have the 40% off coupon you can combine with what ever the clearance rack is marked. So, if the clearance rack says 50% off, you get 90% off with that coupon or entire store markdown. I've gotten pants for $2 when they switch from fall to summer clothes.They do the entire store markdown it seems like every couple of months or so, when you sign up for their email list they will send you the coupons or tell you when the entire store is marked down. They also have times they give you J bucks... spend a certain amount receive $10 or higher J bucks to spend during a specific time period.
DD loves this store but has a hard time being focused on clothes because of the amount of toys & accessories they carry.

--------------------
~Melanee
Mom to Sarah (13)

Debby in Indy
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Tue Feb 03
Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
      #4038487 - Mon Apr 30 2012 11:11 AM

Hey Aimee - the best day to check Justice for new markdowns is Wednesday or Thursday

Sometimes the Justice in Nora Plaza is 50% off clearance/redline items - and then you can use a 40% off on top of that......

the best way to do Justice is clearance/redline items - they rotate through things quickly (i think)

hth
Debby in Indy

MinnesotaMommy
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Tue Apr 06
Loc: Minnesota!
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: Debby in Indy]
      #4038489 - Mon Apr 30 2012 11:25 AM

NEVER shop there without getting 40% off - either their entire store is 40% off without a coupon, or there should be a coupon there for 40% off your purchase.

Beth1025
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Sat Oct 15
Loc: Searching for my lost shaker of salt...
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: MinnesotaMommy]
      #4038911 - Tue May 01 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

NEVER shop there without getting 40% off - either their entire store is 40% off without a coupon, or there should be a coupon there for 40% off your purchase.

Agreed. And you can't ever combine the JBucks with the coupon, which is annoying. They act like getting JBucks is such a great deal - but dang it's not that much better than the 40% off that they always have! And you can't combine!

MinnesotaMommy
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Tue Apr 06
Loc: Minnesota!
Re: Can someone school me on Justice for girls? new [Re: Beth1025]
      #4038932 - Tue May 01 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. And you can't ever combine the JBucks with the coupon, which is annoying. They act like getting JBucks is such a great deal - but dang it's not that much better than the 40% off that they always have! And you can't combine!

I know -the JBucks are a joke, really - basically you get 50% off instead of 40% - but then by the time you factor in that it's $25 off a $50 purchase - and unless your purchase comes out to exactly $50 - you really aren't getting 50% off either

Debby in Indy
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Tue Feb 03
Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
      #4039590 - Thu May 03 2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know -the JBucks are a joke, really - basically you get 50% off instead of 40% - but then by the time you factor in that it's $25 off a $50 purchase - and unless your purchase comes out to exactly $50 - you really aren't getting 50% off either

agreed they are a huge joke.........but i've tried to get clearance things which are just basically 40% off the org price - the WAY over priced original price and then get right to 50.00 to take my 25.00 off......and i have 3 of those things to use starting next week..........but I've been able to get (3) 25.00 gift cards at Kroger with my rx transfer money

where there is a will there is a way free justice

Debby in Indy

Beth1025
A Very Special Fishie

Reged: Sat Oct 15
Loc: Searching for my lost shaker of salt...
      #4039705 - Thu May 03 2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly! and getting to that $50 increment almost exactly is a PAIN! I was just in there a few weeks ago with DD just to buy a bday present for her friend. Well one of the girls working (while we were looking around) asked if I had any coupons. I said I didn't have the 40% off with me, but I had the JBucks which is fine since they can't combine. She proceeds to tell me, oh you can use both - just tell them at the register you forgot your coupon & she'll give it to you. So, DD and I are doing a huge happy dance. 40% off and then another $25 off $50?? And I had a boatload of JBucks too. So, she picks out 8 million things and we go to check out. Oh, no you can't combine them. What she was trying to tell you is that you can use the $25 off $50 and then anything past your JBucks, we'll give you 40% off on. That is NOT combining them!! By this time, DD was in love with her new wardrobe. I walked out $200 poorer and sooo annoyed with that damn store.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 679

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement Fishing for Deals Home

UBB.threads™ 6.3

Generated in 0.17 seconds in which 0.049 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

2000 - 2013 Fishing For Deals LLC